Michael brings his diverse background and a collaborative, team approach to solving complex legal issues on behalf of his clients, with a focus on the areas of personal injury, civil rights, and alternative dispute resolution. He is a proud “medio-Colombiano” and is bilingual in English and Spanish.
Michael is a trusted trial lawyer and advocate, widely recognized for his expertise, dedication, and results on behalf of his clients. He represents clients under some of the most devastating and difficult circumstances, including cases involving catastrophic injury and wrongful death. He focuses on advocating for his clients and making sure that they receive personalized attention and the resources necessary to tell their stories and for their stories to be heard. Michael has successfully represented clients in federal and state court in Georgia in cases involving product liability claims, federal civil rights claims, medical malpractice claims, trucking accident claims, premises liability claims, and nuisance claims. Other lawyers turn to Michael to help on their cases as co-counsel, and lawyers routinely hire him to serve as a mediator to help get resolution and closure on behalf of their clients in their own cases.
Michael is also an emerging leader in the state’s legal community, working to support Latino, Latina, and Latinx law students in Georgia through his work as Mentoring Chair and on the Board of the Georgia Latino Law Foundation. He also frequently writes and presents on topics concerning mentorship and language access in our civil justice system. In 2022, the Georgia Hispanic Bar Association recognized Michael’s work and awarded him its Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Champion Award. Michael is a graduate of the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association LEAD Program (2018-2019) and a current member of Leadership Georgia, Class of 2023 (the “Best Class Ever”).
Michael is a proud “Double Dawg”, having earned both his law degree and an undergraduate degree from the University of Georgia. He lives in Druid Hills with his wife, two kids, and dog, and when not in the office, Michael is coaching soccer, teaching his children Spanish, and cheering on the Georgia Bulldogs and Atlanta United.
Main Practice Areas
- Serious Injury and Wrongful Death
- Workplace Liability Claims
- Product Liability Claims
- Premises Liability Claims
- Car Accident Claims
- Truck Accident Claims
All State and Appellate Courts in Georgia
- Georgia State and Superior Courts
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of Georgia
All Federal Courts in Georgia
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Georgia
- United States Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
Honors and Awards
- Georgia Super Lawyer (2023)
- Georgia Hispanic Bar Association’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Champion (2022)
- Georgia Super Lawyers and Atlanta Magazine “Rising Star” (2017-2022)
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association LEAD Class (2018-2019)
- Georgia Trend Magazine Legal Elite (2019)
- National Order of Barristers