Bilingual Injury and Wrongful Death Trial Attorney
Clients trust Michael to be an aggressive advocate and trusted counselor when they or their loved ones are seriously injured or killed through the negligence of others. Michael is bilingual (speaking English and Spanish) and experienced (he has litigated injury and wrongful death cases across Georgia and the Southeast over the last decade plus). Michael began his legal career with some of the largest law firms in Georgia, representing businesses, doctors and nurses, and insurance companies in a wide-array of civil disputes. He uses that experience to focus his practice entirely on representing injured individuals and their families to help maximize the compensation his clients and their families receive after an injury or wrongful death.
As a plaintiff’s lawyer – focusing solely on maximizing compensation for injured people and their families – Michael has helped recover in excess of $18M in compensation for his clients and their families – over $11M in the last 3 years, alone. In our experience, case values are driven by: (1) clients and their stories; and (2) lawyers who are experienced in all phases of litigation and who take the time to help their clients tell their stories. Michael has the necessary experience in litigation, and he focuses his practice on a smaller quantity of higher value cases – so that he can provide each client the time and attention necessary to tell their stories. Michael handles all types of personal injury and wrongful death cases, with a focus on construction and worksite liability cases, product liability cases, premises liability cases, and car and trucking accident cases.
Michael is a Board Member and Mentoring Chair of the Georgia Latino Law Foundation, a Board Member of the Atlanta Bar Association, a 2019 graduate of the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association LEAD Program, a Member of the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association Verdict Board, a Barrister in the Lamar Inn of Court, and a member of the State Bar of Georgia, American Association of Justice, and Georgia Hispanic Bar Association. He has been named a Super Lawyers Rising Star by Super Lawyers Atlanta Magazine in 2018, 2019, and 2020, a recognition received by only 2.5% of all lawyers in Georgia.
Michael lives in Druid Hills with his wife and two children and is a member of Decatur Presbyterian Church. In his spare time, Michael enjoys spending time with his family, cheering on the Dawgs and Atlanta United, coaching soccer, and teaching his children Spanish.
Main Practice Areas
- Serious Injury and Wrongful Death
- Workplace Liability Claims
- Product Liability Claims
- Premises Liability Claims
- Car Accident Claims
- Truck Accident Claims
All State and Appellate Courts in Georgia
- Georgia State and Superior Courts
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of Georgia
All Federal Courts in Georgia
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Georgia
- United States Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
Honors and Awards
- Georgia Hispanic Bar Association’s Diversity and Inclusion Champion (2022)
- Georgia Super Lawyers and Atlanta Magazine “Rising Star” (2018, 2019, 2020)
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association LEAD Class (2018-2019)
- Georgia Trend Magazine Legal Elite (2019)
- National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40
- National Order of Barristers